[slurm-users] Issue with x11

Sean Crosby scrosby at unimelb.edu.au
Wed May 15 07:33:10 UTC 2019

Hi Mahmood,

I've never tried using the native X11 of SLURM without being ssh'ed into the submit node.

Can you try ssh'ing with X11 forwarding to rocks7 (i.e. ssh -X user at rocks7) from a different machine, and then try your srun --x11 command?

Sean

--
Sean Crosby
Senior DevOpsHPC Engineer and HPC Team Lead | Research Platform Services

On Wed, 15 May 2019 at 16:21, Mahmood Naderan <mahmood.nt at gmail.com<mailto:mahmood.nt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>No, but you'll need to logout of rocks7 and ssh back into it.
>Are you physically logged into rocks7? Or are you connecting via SSH? $DISPLAY = :1 kind of means that you are physically logged into the machine

I am connecting through a vnc session. Right now, I have access to the desktop of the frontend and I open a terminal and run things.
I even
xclock is working on the frontend and compute-0-0 (through ssh -Y).

Regards,
Mahmood