[slurm-users] Can one specify attributes on a GRES resource?

Will Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Fri Mar 22 19:40:17 UTC 2019

I am wondering where Slurm is getting the "0" value from that I see in the error...

I went spelunking in the 16.05 source for "count too low", and I found the string in ./src/common/gres.c beginning at line 2045:

        if ((fast_schedule < 2) &&
            (gres_data->gres_cnt_found < gres_data->gres_cnt_config)) {
                if (reason_down && (*reason_down == NULL)) {
                        xstrfmtcat(*reason_down,
                                   "%s count too low (%"PRIu64" < %"PRIu64")",
                                   context_ptr->gres_type,
                                   gres_data->gres_cnt_found,
                                   gres_data->gres_cnt_config);
                }
                rc = EINVAL;
        }

Where is the "gres_cnt_found" value is being calculated from?