[slurm-users] SLURM heterogeneous jobs, a little help needed plz

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri Mar 22 17:57:14 UTC 2019

On 3/22/19 10:31 AM, Prentice Bisbal wrote:

> Most HPC centers have scheduled downtime on a regular basis.

That's not my experience before now, where I've worked in Australia we
scheduled maintenance for when we absolutely had to do them, but there
could be delays to them if there were critical workloads from users.

Here at NERSC we do have monthly maintenances and it makes life a lot
easier, especially as we are pretty much always upgrading Slurm (new
patches, even if there isn't a new release).

All the best,
Chris
--
   Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA