[slurm-users] X11 forwarding and VNC?

Nathan Harper nathan.harper at cfms.org.uk
Fri Mar 22 13:57:31 UTC 2019

The hacky workaround is to 'ssh -X' back into the node before running the
srun, so you appear as if you are remote even if you aren't.

eg
ssh -X loginnode01
then:
ssh -X loginnode01
then:
srun --x11=first bash

--
*Nathan Harper* // IT Systems Lead

*e: *nathan.harper at cfms.org.uk   *t*: 0117 906 1104  *m*:  0787 551 0891
*w: *www.cfms.org.uk
CFMS Services Ltd // Bristol & Bath Science Park // Dirac Crescent // Emersons
Green // Bristol // BS16 7FR

CFMS Services Ltd is registered in England and Wales No 05742022 - a
subsidiary of CFMS Ltd
CFMS Services Ltd registered office // 43 Queens Square // Bristol // BS1
4QP