[slurm-users] How do I impose a limit the memory requested by a job?

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 12 16:46:33 UTC 2019

Slurm should automatically block or reject jobs that can't run on that
partition in terms of memory usage for a single node.  So you shouldn't
need to do anything.  If you need something less than the max memory per
node then you will need to enforce some limits.  We do this via a
jobsubmit lua script.  That would be my recommended method.

-Paul Edmon-