[slurm-users] How to enable QOS correctly?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Mar 6 06:33:37 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 10:09:42 AM PST Matthew BETTINGER wrote:

> Everyone's qos is 'normal'  so,
> sacctmgr show associations format=account,user,qos

That's listing the QOS they have access to, but you should check that their
defaultqos is also set to "normal" too.

Though if it wasn't then I'd expect a different error, other than resources.

I think to understand better it'd be necessary to see what "scontrol show job"
for a job stuck in that state looks like.

If it helps we're running Slurm on Cray and make heavy use of QOS's.

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA