[slurm-users] scavenger partition/qos

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 9 14:03:22 UTC 2019

a. You pretty much have to roll your own.  We do it with our
serial_requeue partition which underlays all our hardware and is at the
lower priority.

b. I haven't used the suspend function for partition scheduling so I'm
not aware of what quirks there are.  We use requeue.  A caution I would
have about using suspend is that while the job is suspended, the memory
that job was using is still allocated.  Thus that may be why your jobs
are not moving immediately as Slurm will still consider the memory space
allocated though the CPU is now free.

-Paul Edmon-