[slurm-users] Accounting configuration

Skouson, Gary gbs35 at psu.edu
Tue Jan 15 16:28:37 UTC 2019

Slurm accounting info is stored based on user, cluster, partition and account.  I'd like to be able to enforce limits for an account based on the partition it's running in.

Sadly, I'm not seeing how to use sacctmgr to change the partition as part of the association.  The add, modify and delete seem to only apply to user, account and cluster entities.  How do I add a partition to a particular account association, and set GrpTRES for an association that includes a partition.

I know I can change the partition configuration in slurm.conf and use AllowAccounts, but that doesn't change the usage limits on a partition for a particular account.

Maybe there's another way to work around this that I'm missing.

I'd like to be able to use GrpTRESMins to limit overall cumulative account usage. I also want to limit accounts to differing resources (GrpTRES) on some partitions (for preemption/priority etc.)

Thoughts?

-----
Gary Skouson