[slurm-users] Need help with controller issues

Dean Schulze dean.w.schulze at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 16:14:06 UTC 2019

There's a mysql test failure in config.log.  It looks like a couple of
missing libraries.  The config.log also shows errors because g++ isn't
present, and dozens of errors because of failed includes.  I must need g++
packages on my Ubuntu instance.

But ./configure completes successfully in spite of dozens of failures.

configure:4890: checking for mysql_config
configure:4908: found /usr/bin/mysql_config
configure:4920: result: /usr/bin/mysql_config
configure:5021: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/include/mysql -g -O2   conftest.c
-L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lmysqlclient -lpthread -lz -lm -lrt -latomic
-lssl -lcrypto -ldl  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
configure:5021: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "slurm"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "slurm"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "19.05"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "slurm 19.05"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL "https://slurm.schedmd.com"
| #define PROJECT "slurm"
| #define SLURM_API_VERSION 0x220000
| #define SLURM_API_CURRENT 34
| #define SLURM_API_MAJOR 34
| #define SLURM_API_AGE 0
| #define SLURM_API_REVISION 0
| #define VERSION "19.05.4"
| #define SLURM_VERSION_NUMBER 0x130504
| #define SLURM_MAJOR "19"
| #define SLURM_MINOR "05"
| #define SLURM_MICRO "4"
| #define RELEASE "1"
| #define SLURM_VERSION_STRING "19.05.4"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <mysql.h>
| int
| main ()
| {
|
| MYSQL mysql;
| (void) mysql_init(&mysql);
| (void) mysql_close(&mysql);
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:5041: WARNING: *** MySQL test program execution failed. A
thread-safe MySQL library is required.