[slurm-users] Need help with controller issues

William Brown william at signalbox.org.uk
Thu Dec 12 09:09:52 UTC 2019

I looked back in the list to November when I had the same problem problem
building with MariaDB:

I think that even if you are building with MySQL on a clean VM you need to
look at the detailed log of the build of the accounting components.

The configure looks and if it finds either mysql_config or mariadb_config
commands it assumes that you need to build with MySQL support.  In your
case you actually want it, where I really didn't as I use slurmdbd, not a
direct connect to MySQL.  It was then a matter of having the right RPMs
installed, and for MariaDB the missing bit was MariaDB-shared (this is for
RHEL/CentOS).  As soon as I had installed that I was able to get the
accounting_storage_mysql to build.