[slurm-users] ticking time bomb? launching too many jobs in parallel

Steven Dick kg4ydw at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 05:20:30 UTC 2019

This makes no sense and seems backwards to me.

When you submit an array job, you can specify how many jobs from the
array you want to run at once.
So, an administrator can create a QOS that explicitly limits the user.
However, you keep saying that they probably won't modify the system
for just you...

That seems to me to be the perfect case to use array jobs and tell it
how many elements of the array to run at once.
You're not using array jobs for exactly the wrong reason.