[slurm-users] job startup timeouts?

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri Apr 26 18:04:42 UTC 2019

On 4/26/19 7:29 AM, Riebs, Andy wrote:

> In a separate test that I had missed, even "srun hostname" took 5 minutes to run. So there was no remote file system or MPI involvement.

Worth trying:

srun /bin/hostname

Just in case there's something weird in the path that causes it to hit a
network filesystem before the local disk.

Also worth adding some -v options in there to see if there's any
unexpected blockages before executing the commands.  There is also the
option of doing --slurmd-debug=verbose to get more logging out of slurmd
for just that run as well.

All the best,
Chris
--