[slurm-users] Increasing job priority based on resources requested.

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 18 21:27:19 UTC 2019

This is not an official answer really, but I’ve always just considered this to be the way that the scheduler works. It wants to get work completed, so it will have a bias toward doing what is possible vs. not (can’t use 239GB of RAM on a 128GB node). And really, is a higher priority what you want? I’m not so sure. How soon will someone figure out that they might get a higher priority based on requesting some feature they don’t need?

--
____
||_// the State	 |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ	 | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'