[slurm-users] User permissions on submitted jobs

Aravindh Sampathkumar aravindh at fastmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:57:32 MDT 2018

Hi Ole,

Thanks for the response.

 It was indeed a matter of UIDs and GIDs. Even though I had FreeIPA configured to serve identities to all nodes, the login node I was trying to submit the job from had an additional entry in /etc/passwd file that overruled the FreeIPA source. Which caused the confusion.

'username' was just me masking the real username before pasting the console logs to the mail list.

Thanks,
  Aravindh Sampathkumar
  aravindh at fastmail.com