[slurm-users] slurmdbd not showing job accounting

Steven Dick kg4ydw at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 22:30:39 MDT 2018

I've found that when creating a new cluster, slurmdbd does not
function correctly right away.  It may be necessary to restart
slurmdbd at several points during the slurm installation process to
get everything working correctly.

Also, slurmctld will buffer the accounting data until slurmdbd starts
functioning correctly, so it is possible if you restart slurmdbd you
will find that all your missing accounting data shows up at once.

One of the critical steps is   sacctmgr create cluster $clustername
where $clustername matches the ClusterName parameter in slurm.conf

You probably need to restart slurmdbd after doing that to make sure it
takes full effect..