[slurm-users] slurmdbd not showing job accounting

Dave Botsch botsch at cnf.cornell.edu
Fri Oct 12 14:08:18 MDT 2018

Hi.

I am setting up a new slurm cluster instance. And I just went through
what I thought were the right steps to get job accounting going with
slurmdbd.

So I know that slurmdbd itself works as I can use the sacctmgr commands
to add users and accounts, and the users cannot run jobs unless I first
add them with sacctmgr .

What's interesting is that sreport is not showing any of the job
information pieces at all.

Eg:

So, I use srun to run a quick test job, and then:

$ sreport cluster UserUtilizationByAccount End=11/01/18

comes back empty.

sacct show information which is evidently still going to
/var/log/slurm_jobacct.log ...

even though in slurm.conf I have:

AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/slurmdbd

Now what's even more interesting is that as I was writing this email,
the output of sreport has updated to show more info, as if some
scheduled job someplace updated something. I don't see anything in cron,
though. As far as I can tell, the only thing I did was to use sacctmgr
to delete and readd a user.

Any thoughts on what is causing sreport's output to update/not update?

Thanks!

--
David William Botsch
botsch at cnf.cornell.edu