[slurm-users] Limit shared memory usage

Sam Hawarden sam.hawarden at otago.ac.nz
Thu Oct 11 21:54:08 MDT 2018

Hi there,

I run a small SLURM cluster that serves both bigmem applications as well as parallelizing data reduction pipelines.

I'm interested in allowing users to write interim files to shared memory in /dev/shm/$USER/$SLURM_JOBID but I don't know how to tell slurm to include those files in the given job's memory consumption, k?illing said job if its application memory + shared memory use exceeds the allocated value.

Can anyone advise how I would go about doing this?

Many thanks,

   Sam

Sam Hawarden
Assistant Research Fellow