[slurm-users] slurm munge

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Wed May 30 18:23:55 MDT 2018

Hola

According to the documentation, the slurm munge rpm will be built if the
munge libraries are installed.

In CentOS 7.4 I have munge, munge-devel and munge-libs install, via yum.
The libs are in /usr/lib64, the bins are in /usr/bin, the daemon is in
/usr/sbin.

Neither machine on which I run `rpmbuild -ta slurm-version.tar.gz` creates
the slurm-munge rpm.

Creating a /root/.rpmmacro with

%with_munge "--with-munge=/usr/lib64"

Also doesn't work.

Munge is started and working - systemctl status munge returns "Active:
active (running)" as I'd expect.

When I redirect the rpmbuild stdout I see

checking for munge installation... /usr

there is a lot of making various slurm munge .a's etc.

Ah. Further down I see

Obsoletes: slurm-lua slurm-munge slurm-plugins

slurm-munge is obsoleted?

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
L.

------
"The antidote to apocalypticism is *apocalyptic civics*. Apocalyptic civics
is the insistence that we cannot ignore the truth, nor should we panic
about it. It is a shared consciousness that our institutions have failed
and our ecosystem is collapsing, yet we are still here — and we are
creative agents who can shape our destinies. Apocalyptic civics is the
conviction that the only way out is through, and the only way through is
together. "

*Greg Bloom* @greggish
https://twitter.com/greggish/status/873177525903609857