[slurm-users] Slurm versions 17.02.11 and 17.11.7 are now available (CVE-2018-10995)

Tim Wickberg tim at schedmd.com
Wed May 30 13:09:05 MDT 2018

Slurm versions 17.02.11 and 17.11.7 are now available, and include a
series of recent bug fixes, as well as a fix for a security
vulnerability (CVE-2018-10995) related to mishandling of user names and
group ids.

Downloads are available at https://www.schedmd.com/downloads.php .

While fixes are only available for the supported 17.02 and 17.11
releases, we believe similar vulnerabilities do affect past versions as
well. The only resolution is to upgrade Slurm to a fixed release.

SchedMD customers were informed on May 16th and provided a patch on
request. This is in keeping with our responsible disclosure process [1].

Release notes follow below.

- Tim

[1] https://www.schedmd.com/security.php

--