[slurm-users] AccountingStorageLoc=

Raymond Wan rwan.work at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:34:20 MDT 2018

Hi Eric,

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:33 AM, Eric F. Alemany wrote:
> Can I choose any path that i want to store the filetxt? e.g.
>  /AccountingStorageLoc=/media/slurmlog/accounting/
> OR
> do i need to stick
> with AccountingStorageLoc=/var/log/slurm/accounting?

I believe you can, though I haven't tried to myself.

You just need to make sure that all of the directories up to
that file are writable by the SLURM process.  I guess
/var/log/slurm is a good choice because log files are being
written there so it must already have write permissions to
that directory.

Is that the problem you're having?  I guess if it can't
write into that directory, you might get some error in the
log files.  But I'm not sure.

Hope this helps!

Ray