[slurm-users] How to find user limit in SLURM

Sébastien VIGNERON sebastien.vigneron at criann.fr
Mon May 21 02:44:58 MDT 2018

Hi,

If it can help, I use these bash aliases for the same purpose (easier to read than default output format):

# show every associations of every user.
# if user=username is passed, show only associations for the specific user username
# see "man sacctmgr" for more
function cri_show_assoc ()
{
    sacctmgr -p list associations $@ format=Account,User,Partition,Qos,DefaultQOS tree | column -ts'|'
}

# show every QoS definition
# if name=qosname is passed, show only the specific QoS qosname definition
# see "man sacctmgr" for more
function cri_show_qos ()
{
    sacctmgr -p list qos $@ format=Name,Priority,GraceTime,GrpTRES,GrpJobs,GrpSubmit,GrpSubmit,MaxTRES,MaxTRESPerUser,MaxJobsPU | column -ts'|'
}

$ cri_show_assoc user=u
Account  User  Partition  QOS            Def QOS
acc1     u     part1      q_acc1_part1     q_acc1_part1
acc1     u     part2      q_acc1_part2     q_acc1_part2
acc1     u     part3      q_acc1_part3     q_acc1_part3
acc1     u     part4      q_acc1_part4     q_acc1_part4
acc1     u     part5      q_acc1_part5     q_acc1_part5
acc1     u     part6      q_acc1_part6     q_acc1_part6
acc1     u     part7      q_acc1_part7     q_acc1_part7
acc1     u     part7      q_acc1_part7     q_acc1_part7
acc1     u     part8      q_acc1_part8     q_acc1_part8
acc1     u     part9      q_acc1_part9     q_acc1_part9
acc1     u     part10     q_acc1_part10    q_acc1_part10
acc1     u                q_acc1           q_acc1

$ cri_show_qos name=q_acc1
Name    Priority  GraceTime  GrpTRES  GrpJobs  GrpSubmit  MaxTRES  MaxTRESPU  MaxJobsPU
q_acc1  0         00:00:00                     2000                cpu=4200

Cordialement / Best regards,

Sébastien VIGNERON
CRIANN,
Ingénieur / Engineer