[slurm-users] Python and R installation in a SLURM cluster

Eric F. Alemany ealemany at stanford.edu
Sat May 12 12:04:15 MDT 2018

._____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eric F.  Alemany
System Administrator for Research

Division of Radiation & Cancer  Biology
Department of Radiation Oncology

Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, California 94305

Tel:1-650-498-7969<tel:1-650-498-7969>  No Texting
Fax:1-650-723-7382<tel:1-650-723-7382>

On May 12, 2018, at 00:08, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com<mailto:hearnsj at googlemail.com>> wrote:

Eric, I'm sorry to be a little prickly here.
Each node has an independent home directory for the user?
How then do applications update dot files?
How then would as a for instance do the users edit the .bashrc file to bring Anaconda into their paths?

Beofre anyone says it, a proper Modules system is the way forward.
But I know that when you install Anaconda as a user it adds the path to your .bashrc
Which fouls up Gnomes dbus daemon, which is another tale.