[slurm-users] Python and R installation in a SLURM cluster

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sat May 12 01:06:00 MDT 2018

Eric, I'm sorry to be a little prickly here.
Each node has an independent home directory for the user?
How then do applications update dot files?
How then would as a for instance do the users edit the .bashrc file to
bring Anaconda into their paths?

Beofre anyone says it, a proper Modules system is the way forward.
But I know that when you install Anaconda as a user it adds the path to
your .bashrc
Which fouls up Gnomes dbus daemon, which is another tale.