[slurm-users] impact of changing SelectTypeParameters?

Vicker, Darby (JSC-EG311) darby.vicker-1 at nasa.gov
Fri May 11 08:30:26 MDT 2018

In the “other ramifications” category, if you aren’t already planning to, you might consider making this change during a maintenance period when all jobs are drained.  We tried to change from SelectType=select/linear to SelectType=select/cons_res on the fly once (via “scontrol reconfig”) and discovered that slurm can not preserve the job states with this change – all running jobs were lost.  I don’t know if changing  SelectTypeParameters would have the same result or not.  But be safe, I would stop all jobs and back up your StateSaveLocation before making that change.