[slurm-users] impact of changing SelectTypeParameters?

Liam Forbes loforbes at alaska.edu
Thu May 10 18:20:35 MDT 2018

Might there be any "adverse" impacts to changing
SelectTypeParameters=CR_CPU to SelectTypeParameters=CR_Socket_Memory? Our
compute nodes are, for the most part, exclusive so users are allocated
entire nodes, no sharing, for jobs. We explicitly specify CPUs, Sockets,
CoresPerSocket, & ThreadsPerCore for all our compute nodes.

I assume --nodes, --ntasks, & --cpus-per-task would all work the same, for
example, wouldn't they?

Would something change in the accounting that would make reporting on
numbers of cpu hours or size of jobs change?

Other ramifications?

--
Regards,
-liam

-There are uncountably more irrational fears than rational ones. -P. Dolan
Liam Forbes  loforbes at alaska.edu  ph: 907-450-8618 fax: 907-450-8601
UAF Research Computing Systems Senior HPC Engineer              CISSP