[slurm-users] Splitting mpi rank output

Christopher Benjamin Coffey Chris.Coffey at nau.edu
Wed May 9 10:25:49 MDT 2018

Hi,

I have a user trying to use %t to split the mpi rank outputs into different files and it's not working. I verified this too. Any idea why this might be? This is the first that I've heard of a user trying to do this. Here is an example job script file:

-----
#!/bin/bash
#SBATCH --job-name=myjob                        # the name of your job
#SBATCH --output=/scratch/xxx/output_%2t.txt	# this is the file your output and errors go to
#SBATCH --time=6:00				# 20 min, shorter time, quicker start, max run time
#SBATCH --workdir=/scratch/xxx		# your work directory
#SBATCH --mem=1000                              # 2GB of memory
#SBATCH -n2

# load a module, for example
module load openmpi

srun /common/contrib/examples/mpi/hellompi
-----

Yet, only one file is created with all of the ranks outputs in it:

output_0.txt

Even though there are two ranks specified.

Best,
Chris

—
Christopher Coffey