[slurm-users] SLURM on Ubuntu 18.04

Raymond Wan rwan.work at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:02:05 MDT 2018

Hi Eric,

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 10:51 PM, Eric F. Alemany <ealemany at stanford.edu> wrote:

> My questions is: once i edit the slurm.conf file where do i save it on the
> master and nodes. what path or what directory should slurm.conf reside?

On Ubuntu 17.10, I placed it in /etc/slurm-llnl/, but I don't know if
it's changed for 18.04.  (We will upgrade our servers to 18.04, but
probably after 18.04.1 is released...)

slurm.conf has to be the same for all servers, so we actually placed
it on a shared drive and added a symlink from
/etc/slurm-llnl/slurm.conf to the file .

I hope this helps!  Hopefully there aren't many differences between
17.10 and 18.04...I guess we'll find out ourselves in a few months...

Ray