[slurm-users] SLURM on Ubuntu 18.04

Eric F. Alemany ealemany at stanford.edu
Thu May 3 08:51:57 MDT 2018

Good Morning,

New to SLURM. I just installed slurmctld package on a Master server and slurmd package  on 4 execute nodes/servers. All servers are running Ubuntu 18.04.
Munge is installed and seems to be working fine.

I know that i have to configure the slurm.conf file. I did a search and found the following /usr/share/doc/slurm-client/examples/slurm.conf.simple.gz
I gunzip slurm.conf.simple.gz and created slurm.conf.simple

My questions is: once i edit the slurm.conf file where do i save it on the master and nodes. what path or what directory should slurm.conf reside?

Thank you for your help.

Eric

Eric F.  Alemany
System Administrator for Research

Division of Radiation & Cancer  Biology
Department of Radiation Oncology

Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, California 94305

Tel:1-650-498-7969<tel:1-650-498-7969>  No Texting
Fax:1-650-723-7382<tel:1-650-723-7382>