[slurm-users] wckey specification error

Cooper, Trevor tcooper at sdsc.edu
Tue May 1 11:05:15 MDT 2018

> On May 1, 2018, at 2:58 AM, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Rocks 7 is now available, which is based on CentOS 7.4
> I hate to be uncharitable, but I am not a fan of Rocks. I speak from experience, having installed my share of Rocks clusters.
> The philosophy just does not fit in with the way I look at the world.
>
> Anyway, to install extra software on Rocks you need a 'Roll'   Mahmood Looks like you are using this Roll
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/slurm-roll/
> It seems pretty mpdern as it installs Slurm 17.11.3
>

> On 1 May 2018 at 11:40, Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 2:45:21 PM AEST Mahmood Naderan wrote:
>
> > The wckey explanation in the manual [1] is not meaningful at the
> > moment. Can someone explain that?
>
> I've never used it, but it sounds like you've configured your system to require
> it (or perhaps Rocks has done that?).
>
> https://slurm.schedmd.com/wckey.html
>
> Good luck,
> Chris
> --
>  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Melbourne, VIC

The slurm-roll hosted on sourceforge is developed and supported by Werner Saar not by developers of Rocks and/or other Rocks application rolls (e.g. SDSC).

There is ample documentation on sourceforge[1] on how to configure your Rocks cluster to properly deploy the slurm-roll components and update your Slurm configuration.

There is also an active discussion group for the slurm-roll on sourceforge[2] where Werner supports users of the slurm-roll for Rocks.

While we don't use Werner's slurm-roll on our Rocks/Slurm based systems I have installed it on test system and can say that it works as expected/documented.

In the default configuration WCKeys were NOT enabled so this something that you must have added to your Slurm configuration.

If you don't need the WCKeys capability of Slurm perhaps you could simply disable it in your Slurm configuration.

Hope this helps,
Trevor

[1] - https://sourceforge.net/projects/slurm-roll/files/release-7.0.0-17.11.05/slurm-roll.pdf
[2] - https://sourceforge.net/p/slurm-roll/discussion/