[slurm-users] GrpTRES

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 09:54:52 MDT 2018

First, if I just add a user to the linux system, then slurm will
automatically adds an account named "local". Is that right?

Then I set a limit for a user to use only one core and 1000M of memory. the
command is

[root at rocks7 mahmood]# sacctmgr modify user mahmood set
GrpTRES=cpu=1,mem=1000M
 Modified user associations...
  C = orca       A = local                U = mahmood
Would you like to commit changes? (You have 30 seconds to decide)
(N/y): y
[root at rocks7 mahmood]# sacctmgr show associations
format=cluster,account,user,grptres
   Cluster    Account       User       GrpTRES
---------- ---------- ---------- -------------
      orca       root
      orca       root       root
      orca      local
      orca      local    mahmood cpu=1,mem=10+

However, as I run a job with 2 cores, I see that the state is running!!

[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ squeue
             JOBID PARTITION     NAME     USER ST       TIME  NODES
NODELIST(REASON)
[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ cat sl2.sh
#!/bin/bash
SBATCH --job-name = test
SBATCH --mem = 20M
SBATCH --ntasks = 2
SBATCH --output = test.txt
/share/apps/stress/bin/stress -c 2
[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ sbatch sl2.sh
Submitted batch job 7
[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ squeue
             JOBID PARTITION     NAME     USER ST       TIME  NODES
NODELIST(REASON)
                 7   CLUSTER   sl2.sh  mahmood  R       0:03      1
compute-0-0
[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$

I think something is wrong. Any idea?

Regards,