[slurm-users] GrpTRES

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 22:42:38 MDT 2018

What do you mean by user and account? Assume I have created a user
account (bob) with useradd command. I wan to set some limits for him.
The GrpTRES format is not clear for me. I assume that mem=200 is a
global 200MB of memory limit for all running jobs of bob. Therefore,
if bob is a running job with --mem=100MB, he will not be able to run a
second job with --mem=300MB. Is that right?

I don't understand the 1500 value for cpu though. Is that the number of cores?!

Regards,
Mahmood