[slurm-users] What's the best way to suppress core dump files from jobs?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Mar 22 10:10:43 MDT 2018

On 03/22/2018 02:10 PM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
 > Or even better, don't think about it.  If you type
 >
 >    sudo systemctl edit slurmd
 >
 > this will open an editor.  Type your changes into this and save it and
 > systemd will set up the snippet file for you automatically (in
 > etc/systemd/system/slurmd.service.d/).

Thanks Patrick!  The "systemctl edit" command seems to me to be useful
on a single system.  The man-page says "Note that this command cannot be
used to remotely edit units..."

The systemctl edit seems to create a file override.conf in
/etc/systemd/system/slurmd.service.d/

IMHO, when you have lots of nodes it seems far simpler to distribute (by
rsync, for example) a file
/etc/systemd/system/slurmd.service.d/core_limit.conf as proposed by
Michael Jennings.

/Ole