[slurm-users] User limits

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:44:09 MDT 2018

OK thanks. I see that.
My issue with that option is described below. Assume a 2 core program
runs about 40 minutes. So I set

  sacctmgr modify user name=mahmood set MaxWall=00:50:00

which means 50 minutes wall clock limit. That seems to be a per job
limit. Therefore, if the users submits for the second time, it will be
fine.

That is not what I want. I want a total upper limit for time usage of
a user. Therefore, when the user submits the job for the second time,
slurm has to cut the job after 10 minutes.

How that is possible?

Regards,
Mahmood