[slurm-users] stdout (and stderr) job files

Andy Georges Andy.Georges at UGent.be
Thu Mar 15 02:16:03 MDT 2018

Hello,

We are transitioning from Moab/Torque to Slurm.

I was wondering if there is a way to have Slurm also create the stdout (and stderr) file for the job on the node (be default), rather than on the shared FS.

We sometimes have users who write a lot of stuff to stdout from their job scripts and the programs running there.

I know it is possible to set the path, but that’s not what I mean. The final path of the file should reside on the shared FS, but the file would then only be copied there upon job completion.

Would this have to be done by an epilogue script, if I can tell Slurm to store it on the head node of the job?

Kind regards,
— Andy