[slurm-users] OverSubscribe can be used for cpu, but not worked for GPU?

Chaofeng Zhang zhangcf1 at lenovo.com
Fri Mar 9 18:28:10 MST 2018

Below is worked for cpu, with  OverSubscribe, I can have more than 4 process in running status, but if I add #SBATCH --gres=gpu:2 in the job file, there will be just 1 process in running status, the other are in pending status.
The OverSubscribe can just be used for the resource cpu, whether it can be used for gpu?

slurm.conf
# COMPUTE NODES
#DefMemPerCPU=100
NodeName=localhost Feature=gpu_shared Gres=gpu:2 CPUs=4 RealMemory=5000 State=UNKNOWN
PartitionName=compute Nodes=localhost OverSubscribe=YES Default=YES DefMemPerCPU=1000 MaxTime=INFINITE State=UP

Job file
#SBATCH --job-name cifar10
#SBATCH --partition compute
#SBATCH --nodes=1