[slurm-users] Submit Slurm Job in PE environment

Thomas HAMEL hmlth at t-hamel.fr
Wed Jun 20 00:49:55 MDT 2018

Hello,

Slurm can have a behavior similar to the one you were used on SGE, it's
not the default but it's really commonly used. This is called Consumable
Resources in Slurm, you don't allocate full nodes but resources on the
node like cores or memory. It's activated in slurm.conf (after
restarting or reconfiguring the controller) :

SelectType=select/cons_res
SelectTypeParameters=CR_Core_Memory

https://slurm.schedmd.com/cons_res.html

MPI serves another purpose that do not really fit you model. The
solution to your issue is Consumable Resources but you can take a look
at Job Arrays to group all jobs of your loop together.

Regards,

Thomas HAMEL