[slurm-users] cannot find auth plugin for auth/munge

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 16:36:52 MDT 2018

Greetings,

I've got Slurm 17.11.7 running on a Scientific Linux 6. Things are
working great.

I have a Scientific Linux 7 system that I just want to be able to run
sinfo/squeue/sacct on. I installed 17.11.7 from the OpenHPC repo (it's
what we have running on the other SL7 cluster).

The munge.key and the slurm.conf file are the exact same as on the rest
of the system.

I can communicate easily between the slurmd/slurmdbd cluster host and
the new system. I can run 'munge -n | ssh <host> unmunge' in both
directions and have it all work. The munge service is running and just
to be sure I've restarted it several times.

I've disabled firewalls and SELinux is in permissive mode (just in case,
it will go back on after I figure it out).

When I run sinfo I get the following output:

sinfo: error: Couldn't find the specified plugin name for auth/munge
looking at all files
sinfo: error: cannot find auth plugin for auth/munge
sinfo: error: cannot create auth context for auth/munge
sinfo: error: Couldn't find the specified plugin name for auth/munge
looking at all files
sinfo: error: cannot find auth plugin for auth/munge
sinfo: error: cannot create auth context for auth/munge
sinfo: error: Couldn't find the specified plugin name for auth/munge
looking at all files
sinfo: error: cannot find auth plugin for auth/munge
sinfo: error: cannot create auth context for auth/munge
sinfo: error: authentication: authentication initialization failure
slurm_load_partitions: Protocol authentication error

When I look at the slurmctld.log file I see this error:
error: slurm_receive_msg [IP:49916]: Zero Bytes were transmitted or received

I do have the slurm-munge package installed on the client (as well as
most all of the other slurm packages too).

I suspect it is something with the OHPC rpms, but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on how to fix or should I just rebuild from source?

Thanks!
~Stack~