[slurm-users] Slurm and available libraries

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Jan 17 07:12:39 MST 2018

John: I would refrain from installing the old default package
"environment-modules" from the Linux distribution, since it doesn't seem
to be maintained any more.

Lmod, on the other hand, is actively maintained and solves some problems
with the old "environment-modules" software.

There's an excellent review paper on different module tools: "Modern
Scientific Software Management Using EasyBuild and Lmod",
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2691141

/Ole