[slurm-users] Cluster not booting after upgrade to debian jessie

Elisabetta Falivene e.falivene at ilabroma.com
Mon Jan 8 03:39:32 MST 2018

Here I am again.
In the end, I did the upgrade from debian 7 wheezy to debian 8 jessie in
order to update Slurm and solve some issues with it. It seemed it all went
well. Even slurm problem seemed solved. Then I rebooted the machine and the
problems began. I can't boot the master anymore returning an error:

*gave up waiting for root device. Common problems:- Boot args (cat
/proc/cmdline)- check rootdelay= (did the sistem wait long enouth?)- check
root= (did the sistem wait for the right device?)- missing modules (cat
/proc/modules; ls /dev)ALERT! /dev/mapper/system-root does not exist.
Dropping to a shell!"*
*modprobe: module ehci-pci not found in modules.dep*

*modprobe: module ehci-orion not found in modules.dep*

*modprobe: module ehci-hcd not found in modules.dep*

*modprobe: module ohci-hcd not found in modules.dep*

*Busybox v1.22.1 (Debian 1:1.22.0-9+deb8u1) built-in shell (ash)*
*Enter help for a list of built-in commands*

* /bin/sh can't access tty job control turned off  *
*(initramfs)*

Maybe did you ever had this type of problem?
Thank you very much,
Elisabetta