[slurm-users] Limit number of CPU in a partition

Nicolò Parmiggiani nicolo.parmiggiani at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 10:28:49 MST 2018

I have only one server and two data analysis pipelines, one for standard
jobs and other one for high priority job that can be triggered sometimes.

My first solution was to split the CPU of the server in two partition, one
for each pipeline.

A more complex (but i suppose better) solution could be to use one
partition and manage the priority of the two pipeline and when i get jobs
from high priority pipeline those jobs must start immediately, temporarily
blocking standard jobs.

What solution do you recommend? And how can I implement it?

Thank You.