[slurm-users] Set priority without sudo and without a database ?

Fabien ELOY eloy.polytech at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 04:15:38 MST 2018

Hi Loris,

Thank you for your reply.
SLURM jobs are submitted by a JAVA application and there is only one SLURM
user.
Should we use another plugin (not multifactor plugin) ? Is it a way to fix
user rights ?

Below my slurm.conf ("anonymized") :

SlurmctldPidFile=/var/run/slurm-llnl/slurmctld.pid
SlurmdPidFile=/var/run/slurm-llnl/slurmd.pid
SlurmdSpoolDir=/var/spool/slurm-llnl/slurmd
StateSaveLocation=/var/run/slurm-llnl/slurmctld
SlurmUser=slurm
SlurmdDebug=debug
SwitchType=switch/none

TaskPlugin=task/affinity
ClusterName=cluster
MaxJobCount=300000
MinJobAge=21600

# TIMERS
SlurmdTimeout=600
MessageTimeout=90
ResumeTimeout=120

# SCHEDULING
FastSchedule=1
SchedulerType=sched/backfill
SelectType=select/cons_res
SelectTypeParameters=CR_Core
PriorityType=priority/multifactor

# LOGGING AND ACCOUNTING
AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/filetxt
AccountingStorageLoc=/var/log/slurm-llnl/job_monitoring
JobFileAppend=1
JobAcctGatherType=jobacct_gather/linux
SlurmctldLogFile=/var/log/slurm-llnl/slurmctld.log
SlurmdLogFile=/var/log/slurm-llnl/slurmd.log

# COMPUTE NODES
NodeName=yyy NodeHostName=yyy.yyy.yyy.fr Boards=1 SocketsPerBoard=4
CoresPerSocket=18 ThreadsPerCore=2 RealMemory=258355
NodeName=xxx NodeHostName=xxx.xxx.xxx.fr Boards=1 SocketsPerBoard=4
CoresPerSocket=18 ThreadsPerCore=2 RealMemory=258355

# Exploit
PartitionName=xxx1 Nodes=xxx Default=YES MaxTime=INFINITE
MaxCPUsPerNode=136 Shared=NO OverSubscribe=NO
PartitionName=xxx2 Nodes=xxx MaxTime=INFINITE MaxCPUsPerNode=6 Shared=NO
OverSubscribe=NO
PartitionName=xxx3 Nodes=xxx MaxTime=INFINITE MaxCPUsPerNode=2 Shared=NO
OverSubscribe=NO# NOE noeyyfmb
# Secours
PartitionName=yyy1 Nodes=yyy MaxTime=INFINITE MaxCPUsPerNode=136 Shared=NO
OverSubscribe=NO
PartitionName=yyy2 Nodes=yyy MaxTime=INFINITE MaxCPUsPerNode=6 Shared=NO
OverSubscribe=NO
PartitionName=yyy3 Nodes=yyy MaxTime=INFINITE MaxCPUsPerNode=2 Shared=NO
OverSubscribe=NO