[slurm-users] Configuration issue on Ubuntu

Umut Arus umuta at sabanciuniv.edu
Wed Aug 29 04:23:43 MDT 2018

Thank you Chris. After your suggestion I compiled latest stable version on
a CentOS. And installed Munge packages firstly from Centos repository. Now
I'm getting the below error.

slurmd is succesfully working on same machine.

./slurmctld -Dcvvvv
slurmctld: debug:  Log file re-opened
slurmctld: error: Unable to open pidfile
`/var/run/slurm-llnl/slurmctld.pid': No such file or directory
slurmctld: slurmctld version 17.11.9-2 started on cluster cluster

*slurmctld: debug3: Trying to load plugin
/root/sl/sl2/lib/slurm/crypto_munge.soslurmctld: error: Couldn't find the
specified plugin name for crypto/munge looking at all files*
slurmctld: debug3: accept_path_paranoia: stat(/root/sl/sl2/lib/slurm) failed

*slurmctld: error: cannot find crypto plugin for crypto/mungeslurmctld:
error: cannot create crypto context for crypto/munge*
*slurmctld: fatal: slurm_cred_creator_ctx_create((null)): Permission denied*

What is you suggestion for the "Permission denied" and munge errors?

--
*Umut A.*