[slurm-users] Limit job_submit.lua script for only srun

Yair Yarom irush at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu Apr 26 00:54:18 MDT 2018

Hi,

We are also limiting "interactive" jobs through a plugin. What I've
found is that in the job_descriptor the following holds:
for salloc: argc = 0, script = NULL
for srun: argc > 0, script = NULL
for sbatch: argc = 0, script != NULL

You can look at our plugin in
https://github.com/irush-cs/slurm-plugins for reference (though it's
in c).

I'll just add that users can overcome these limitation in various ways..

Regards,
    Yair.