[slurm-users] Problem with assigning user to partition

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 01:49:14 MDT 2018

Got the same error with plural

In order to follow the manual, I created an account and assigned a
user to that. But I can not assign the account to a partition

[root at rocks7 ~]# adduser test2
[root at rocks7 ~]# passwd test2
Changing password for user test2.
New password:
BAD PASSWORD: The password is shorter than 8 characters
Retype new password:
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.
[root at rocks7 ~]# rocks sync users
[root at rocks7 ~]# sacctmgr add account diamond Cluster=jupiter
 Adding Account(s)
  diamond
 Settings
  Description     = Account Name
  Organization    = Parent/Account Name
 Associations
  A = diamond    C = jupiter
Would you like to commit changes? (You have 30 seconds to decide)
(N/y): y
[root at rocks7 ~]# sacctmgr list association
format=account,user,partition,association
   Account       User  Partition     Assocs
---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
      root
      root       root
   diamond
     local
     local      hamid
     local    mahmood
     local       test
     local      test2
[root at rocks7 ~]# sacctmgr add user test2 Account=diamond
 Associations =
  U = test2     A = diamond    C = jupiter
 Non Default Settings
Would you like to commit changes? (You have 30 seconds to decide)
(N/y): y
[root at rocks7 ~]# sacctmgr list association
format=account,user,partition,association
   Account       User  Partition     Assocs
---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
      root
      root       root
   diamond
   diamond      test2
     local
     local      hamid
     local    mahmood
     local       test
     local      test2
[root at rocks7 ~]# cat /etc/slurm/parts
PartitionName=WHEEL RootOnly=yes Priority=1000 Nodes=ALL
PartitionName=MONTHLY1 AllowAccounts=diamond Nodes=compute-0-0
[root at rocks7 ~]# sacctmgr modify user name=test2 account=diamond set
partitions=MONTHLY1
 Unknown option: partitions=MONTHLY1
 Use keyword 'where' to modify condition
[root at rocks7 ~]# sacctmgr modify user set partitions=MONTHLLY1 where
name=test2 account=diamond
 Unknown option: partitions=MONTHLLY1
 Use keyword 'where' to modify condition

What did I miss here? Any feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Mahmood