[slurm-users] giving smaller jobs higher priority

Satrajit Ghosh satra at mit.edu
Wed Nov 22 11:14:16 MST 2017

hi sam,

thanks for that pointer. we already have:

PriorityFavorSmall=YES

PriorityFlags=SMALL_RELATIVE_TO_TIME

but small jobs still seem to hold up. that's because cores more than nodes
are important in our usage scenarios. 99% of jobs request one node

so ideally we wanted to assign negative weights to TRES but that didn't
work for priority.

cheers,

satra