[slurm-users] Increasing MaxArraySize

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 22 07:42:51 MST 2017

Hi,

In the documentation on job arrays

  https://slurm.schedmd.com/job_array.html

it says

  Be mindful about the value of MaxArraySize as job arrays offer an easy
  way for users to submit large numbers of jobs very quickly.

How much do I have to worry about this, if I am using fairshare
scheduling, since at some point the user's shares will have been
consumed and new jobs will only start running after a certain period has
elapsed?  Or is it referring to the amount of memory the scheduler might
need in order to manage an enormous queue?  For our standard QOS we
currently use neither MaxJobs nor MaxSubmitJobs.

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)