[slurm-users] GPU job still running after SLURM job is killed

John Hearns hearnsj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 07:13:44 MST 2017

Matt,
  I saw a similar situation with a PBS job recently.
A process with is writing to disk cannot be killed (it is in S state). So
the job ended but PBS logged that it could not kill the process.
I would look in detail at the slurm logs at the point where that job is
being killed, and you might get some information.
I guess this depends on the method which Slurm uses to kill a job.

Of course this could be a completely different scanario.