[slurm-users] Slurm preemption grace time

Ailing Zhang zhangal1992 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 08:21:56 MST 2017

Hi slurm community,

I'm testing preemption with partition based preemption. Partitions
test-high and test-low share the same nodes. I set GraceTime=600
and PreemptMode=CANCEL in test-low. But once I submitted a job to
test-high, job in test-low is immediately killed without any grace time.
Here is my configs.
PartitionName=test-low
   AllowGroups=admins AllowAccounts=ALL AllowQos=ALL
   AllocNodes=ALL Default=NO QoS=N/A
   DefaultTime=NONE DisableRootJobs=NO ExclusiveUser=NO GraceTime=600
Hidden=NO
   MaxNodes=UNLIMITED MaxTime=02:00:00 MinNodes=1 LLN=NO
MaxCPUsPerNode=UNLIMITED
   Nodes=node[100-102]
   PriorityJobFactor=10 PriorityTier=10 RootOnly=NO ReqResv=NO
OverSubscribe=NO
   OverTimeLimit=NONE PreemptMode=CANCEL
   State=UP TotalCPUs=100 TotalNodes=3 SelectTypeParameters=NONE
   DefMemPerNode=UNLIMITED MaxMemPerNode=UNLIMITED

PartitionName=test-high
   AllowGroups=admins AllowAccounts=ALL AllowQos=ALL
   AllocNodes=ALL Default=NO QoS=N/A
   DefaultTime=NONE DisableRootJobs=NO ExclusiveUser=NO GraceTime=0
Hidden=NO
   MaxNodes=UNLIMITED MaxTime=02:00:00 MinNodes=1 LLN=NO
MaxCPUsPerNode=UNLIMITED
   Nodes=node[100-102]  PriorityJobFactor=30 PriorityTier=30 RootOnly=NO
ReqResv=NO OverSubscribe=NO
   OverTimeLimit=NONE PreemptMode=OFF
   State=UP TotalCPUs=100 TotalNodes=3 SelectTypeParameters=NONE
   DefMemPerNode=UNLIMITED MaxMemPerNode=UNLIMITED

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Ailing