[slurm-users] "command not found"

Manuel Rodríguez Pascual manuel.rodriguez.pascual at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 04:32:57 MST 2017

Hi David,

The command to be executed must be present on the node where the script is
run.  When you submit a job in Slurm only the script is copied to the slave
node, so the data and binaries must be there prior to the script execution.

The are many alternatives to deal with this situation depending on the
system and software requirements. A common practice (as far as I know, I am
not an experienced sysadmin) is to install the software in a shared storage
and mount it both on the master node and in the slaves. This is analog to
what you are probably doing with the user $HOME.

Of course this cannot always be done, and sometimes the only solution is
install a particular library or application in every node. In this case
there are many solutions to automatice the process.

Cheers,

Manuel