[slurm-announce] Slurm version 21.08.4 is now available (CVE-2021-43337)

Tim Wickberg tim at schedmd.com
Tue Nov 16 22:06:22 UTC 2021

Slurm version 21.08.4 is now available, and includes a series of recent
bug fixes, as well as a moderate security fix.

Note that this security issue is only present in the 21.08 release
series. Slurm 20.11 and older releases are unaffected.

SchedMD customers were informed of this issue on November 2nd and
provided a fix on request; this process is documented in our security
policy. [1]

CVE-2021-43337:
For sites using the new AccountingStoreFlags=job_script and/or job_env
options, an issue was reported with the access control rules in SlurmDBD
that will permit users to request job scripts and environment files that
they should not have access to.

(Scripts/environments are meant to only be accessible by user accounts
with administrator privileges, by account coordinators for jobs
submitted under their account, and by the user themselves.)

Downloads are available at https://www.schedmd.com/downloads.php .

Release notes follow below.

- Tim

[1] https://www.schedmd.com/security.php